DB Overview / Introduction
- A Database is a collection of related data organised in a way
that data can be easily accessed, managed and updated.
- A relational database is one that presents information in tables
with rows and columns
- Database Management System (DBMS) handles the way data is stored,
maintained, and retrieved.
- Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) performs these
- NoSQL database is a database that provides a mechanism to store
and retrieve data other than the tabular relations used in
- objective of a NoSQL database simple design, horizontal scaling,
smooth control over availability.
- There are two types of DB- Relational and NoSql Database
NoSQL vs. Relational Database
||Does not support transactions.
|Follows ACID (Atomicity, Consistency, Isolation, and
||It is only eventually consistent.
|Supports powerful query language.
||Supports very simple query language.
|It has a fixed schema.
||No fixed schema.
|Mysql, DB2, Oracle(except some flavour)
||Redis, Amazon, Dynamo, Cassandra, MangoDB, Neo4j