What's New in JDK 8/ Java 8 feature. Programming Language changes
- Lambda - JSR 335
- Bulky syntax
- Confusion surrounding the meaning of names and this
- Enables functional programming
- Enables support for parallel processing
- Readable and concise code
- Easier to use APIs and libraries
- Default methods enable new functionality to be added to the
interfaces of libraries
- Same annotation type more than once to the same declaration or
- Improved type inference
- Client-side TLS 1.2 enabled by default
- SSL/TLS Server Name Indication (SNI) Extension support in JSSE
- New rcache Types in Kerberos 5 Replay Caching
- Support for Hi-DPI displays has been added in this release
- New SelectorProvider implementation for Solaris based on the
Solaris event port mechanism.
- HashMaps Performance Improvemented(Key Collisions)
- Performance improvement for String constructor and method.
- Stronger algorithms for password-based encryption
- The SunJCE provider is enhanced to support AES/GCM/NoPadding
cipher implementation as well as GCM algorithm parameters. And the
SunJSSE provider is enhanced to support AEAD mode based cipher
- KeyStore enhancements, including the new Domain KeyStore type
- Better Support for High Entropy Random Number Generation
- Enhanced text support including bi-directional text and complex
text scripts such as Thai and Hindi
- The CSS Styleable* classes became public API.
- Removal of PermGen
- The JDBC-ODBC Bridge has been removed.
- Classes in the new java.util.stream package provide a Stream API
to support functional-style operations on streams of elements.
- Method parameter reflection.
- Date-Time Package - a new set of packages that provide a
comprehensive date-time model
- Descrease the size of charsets.jar file
- The 3D Graphics features now include 3D shapes, camera, lights,
subscene, material, picking, and antialiasing.
- Parallel Array Sorting parallelSort() methods,
Standard Encoding and Decoding Base64, Unsigned Arithmetic Support
- The new UI Controls include the DatePicker and the TreeTableView
- The WebView class provides new features and improvements (HTML5
features including Web Sockets, Web Workers, and Web Fonts).
- The new ScheduledService class allows to automatically restart
- Internationalization - New Calendar and Locale APIs
- The class java.net.URLPermission has been added.
- Classes and interfaces have been added to the