Design Patterns Overview
- The Design Patterns is the experience in designing the object
- Recurring solutions to software design problems that are
repeatedly found in real-world application development
- The design patterns are language-independent strategies for
solving common object-oriented design problems.
- Design patterns are well-proved solution for solving the specific
- Gang Of Four-four pioneer guys who wrote a book named "Design
Patterns"- Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software
- Four essential elements for Design patterns
- Pattern name
- Problem description when to apply the pattern
- Results and Consequences/Side effect
- Why use Design Patterns?
- Shared Vocabulary
- Best practices to use these patterns
- Easy to maintain
- Leads to more robust application
- Advantage of design pattern :
- Design patterns are well-proved and testified solutions.
- Design patterns give the developer a selection of tried and
tested solutions to work with.
- Design patterns provide the solutions that help to define the
- Design patterns provide clarity to the system architecture.
- Design patterns are reusable and use in multiple projects.
- Design patterns makes our code easy to understand and debug.
- Design patterns helps building a better system.
- Design patterns are highly flexible and can be used in
practically any type of application OR domain
- Design patterns have a proven track record as they are already
widely used and thus reduce the technical risk to the project.
- Design patterns are well documented and can be researched if
that is not the case.
- Design patterns are language neutral and so can be applied to
any language that supports object-orientation
Overall Design Patterns Class / Interface
Design Patterns Relationships