Java Operators and Assignments 5 Min Drill
- The +, - shows positive and negative nature of a
expression where as ++ , -- modifies the value of an expression by
adding or subtracting.
- The ! Operator inverts the value of a boolean
expression, where as ~ operator inverts the value of an integral
- The sift operators are << un-signed left shift, >>
signed right shift and >>> un-signed right shift.
- The = operator sets a value of a variable or an
expression where as == operator compares two object references are
pointing to same object or not.
- The instance of operator is used to find out the
run time type identification, i.e. which object belongs to which
- Strings are immutable, once assigned values it
cannot be changed. If you try change it returns a new String object.
- The String Buffer class gives flexibility to
manipulate the strings.
- A wrapper class is nothing but a class that
encapsulates a single immutable value.
- All the wrapper classes throws
"NumberFormatException" except boolean.
- The short circuit operators && and || provide
logical AND and OR operations on boolean types.
- The main difference between & and && and between |
and || is that the right hand side operand may not be evaluated.